Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My help comes from the LORD

"My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth." Psalm 121:2

The psalmist makes a bold statement, for he has learned by experience where his help comes from.

My help comes from the LORD - The psalmist uses the word "my". He has personally been helped in every need. This is the answer to the question in verse 1: "From whence comes my help?" It's as if he wants each one who reads this psalm to experience God's help for themselves.

Who made heaven and earth - The psalmist expands on the word LORD; this is the One who created heaven and earth. ("For He spoke, and it was done - He commanded and it stood fast." Psalm 33:9) The Creator, the One who brought everything into existence is the One to whom we can turn for help.

Do you need help today? Go to Jesus, the Source of all help. You can boldly write your name in place of the word "my" in verse 2. Is that not awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment