Friday, February 27, 2009

Fear not, for I am with you

"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

Fear not - This was Jesus' watchword. When His disciples were in a storm on the lake, He walked to them on the water. When they saw His distant form and were terrified, He said to them, "Don't fear, it is I."

For I am with you - Jesus is the Great "I AM" of scripture. He said, "I am with you, even to the end of the world." His name is Immanuel, God with us. We find this golden thread all through the Bible: In the fiery furnace of Babylon He was with the three men who stood faithful to Him.

Don't be dismayed, for I am your God - The Hebrew word dismayed is translated: to gaze about for help; to be bewildered. When it seems as if there's no one to help you, when earthly support has failed, God has promised to be with you, come what may.

I will strengthen you - If you are in need of strength today, He has promised to strengthen you.

I will help you - If you can't see your way through the storm, He will help you.

I will uphold you - If you are sinking, He will hold you up.

Take courage, God is with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment